As an employer, you must ensure your first aid attendants understand their responsibilities and fulfill them to the best of their abilities. These responsibilities include:
Anyone in the process of achieving his or her Occupational First Aid Level 2 or Level 3 certification must submit an Occupational First Aid Statement of Fitness to the training agency before a certificate will be issued. WorkSafeBC may also, at any time, require that a first aid attendant provide a medical certificate of fitness.
• Ensure first aid is available and kits in stock, as well as fire extinguishers readily available and in
• Investigation and follow-up of all incidents, first aid recorders
• Complete onsite field hire orientations and sub-trade orientations.
• Assist onsite site supervisor with administrative tasks as needed.
• Maintain effective communication with onsite workers, site supervisor, safety manager and other
field safety advisers.
You will need the following qualifications and skills:
• Training in the field of occupational safety and health or related area considered an asset
• Knowledge of OH&S, NSC, TDG, WHMIS, WCB and related legislation considered an asset
Ability to maintain effective work relationships
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Outstanding organization skills.
Proficient with Microsoft Office.
You have completed the following courses:
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Xi Safety can supply a permanent or temporary solution to your health, environmental, security, safety and quality needs by providing your company with the most qualified personnel.
*Included in this service is we can carry all payroll costs including employment insurances