A Safety Officer’s primary role is to make sure all health and safety regulations are
implemented and followed during the entire course of a project. This may include conducting new
hire orientations, inspections, incident investigations, audits, monitoring the workforce for health and
safety compliance and coaching and mentoring workers in safe work practices and procedures.
Safety Officers are fully competent and experienced safety professionals who hold a
certification that guarantees their qualification for the role.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Inspect the site to ensure that it is safe
• Review subcontractor’s safety plans
• Verify that tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use
• Establish safety standards and policies
• Supervise the safety of all workers
• Respond to employees’ safety concerns
• Serves as the link between state and local agencies and contract